Tuesday, March 30, 2010


Yesterday, our container arrived with all of our “stuff” from the U.S. We were very excited to see each item and box come off the truck and into our home. The boys waited and waited for the toy boxes…especially the Lego boxes. Jonah was relieved when they finally (towards the end) came off the truck. I’m pretty sure he thought they were stolen!

Three Hungarian men unloaded our stuff and brought it into our house, they did NOT want our help in any way, so we felt sort of strange just standing around. They carried in the piano, the china hutch and our bedroom furniture. (one man kept saying “Top floor?” to which I’d say “yes, please???” and he’d ROLL his eyes! Too funny!) The final thing in the door was our king sized mattress…one guy kept measuring and saying, “that fat mattress is too big, no fit!” But, one of the other guys looked at the staircase and really wanted to get it up there so he and Mark took down the stair banister and up it went! YEA! I made a lemon cake to share with our movers when they were finished unloading, just to say thanks! I think they liked it, and one guy just kept saying "thank you, lady, thank you!"...so I felt a little helpful after all!

I got busy right away unpacking the kitchen boxes, so I could cook! I guess I had unpacked 5 or 6 big boxes of kitchen stuff when I came across a new package of Easter sprinkles (you know, to decorate cookies with) that I had bought on clearance last Easter…and I said, to myself, “oh….Easter sprinkles, how nice” and then I just cried! Over Easter sprinkles…I cried, just thankful for familiar stuff and the thought of baking cookies for Easter and being tired and overwhelmed with boxes everywhere, I cried.

It’s the first time since we arrived, that I’ve felt a little nostalgic about things. I guess that makes sense, with our stuff arriving, but it caught me a little of guard. By the grace of God, our move has seemed very smooth so far, and even though things are different than “normal”, it hasn’t really seemed too hard. We are thankful for that! I know that there will be times that are hard, but for now, I’ll take getting emotional over Easter sprinkles.
Love you all…

4 comments:

  1. It's so precious! God is so good-He had so much prepared for you physically and emotionally that I hadn't even thought to ask for. Enjoy making Easter cookies! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing...I could easily cry over Easter sprinkles...really. Make some cookies and put those sprinkles on...then post a picture if you can! Love you guys! Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter!....thankful for Easter sprinkles...and you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am missing you guys! Glad your stuff arrived! I know the Lego concerns would be on my little brothers mind as well, glad everything made it! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete