Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A taste of home...

So, I'm sitting here thinking I should blog...about something. I thought maybe I'd tell you what I've been cooking lately. Those of you who know me well know I love to cook and bake and at first I thought it would be a challenge in a new country to get in my gourmet groove...but suffice it to say, we have been eating just fine!

I realized today, that I've been cooking things that remind me of people at home. Yea, we've been having tacos and lasagna, but for the past week, it seems like I've been making special things. Big Pancakes and Chicken and noodles...remind me of my family. Monster cookies...remind me of Tracy.(used 1/4 of the peanut butter supply on that...it was worth it!) Yesterday it was Spinach Pasta Salad...a Sheri fav of our family (minus the spinach...can you believe I couldn't find spinach...went to TWO stores!) Today I'm making Miner's Pie...an homage to my friend Patti.(no shortage of mushrooms here!) Runzas are on the list next...a reminder of Mark's family. OK...you get the point. It helps to bring a little bit of the ones we love back home...here in Hungary. So for now anyway, it's through food.

Wishin' you were all here to feast with us!
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment